Kettering Municipal Court offers a Traffic Safety Program that allows eligible participants to attend a class online instead of receiving a conviction for their traffic citation(s). Upon successful completion of the program, your ticket will be dismissed and will not appear on your driving record, and you will receive no points on your driving record. (note: some citations do not carry points with convictions).
You may be eligible for the Traffic Safety Program if ALL of the following apply:
|• You can provide proof of automobile insurance |
• Your traffic violation does not have any accompanying criminal charges
• You have not had a moving traffic violation within the last 24 months
• You have not been through the Kettering Traffic Safety Program within the last 24 months
• You admit that you committed the traffic violation(s)
• You have not already paid the fine for your ticket, and
• You must register and pay for the class by the court date listed on your ticket
In addition, if you were cited for any of the following violations, you will not be eligible for the program:
|• Driving under suspension |
• Driving under the influence (of alcohol or other drugs)
• Drag Racing
• Reckless operation/fleeing police
• Passing a stopped school bus
• Leaving the scene of an accident
• Speeding violations in a school zone, if the speed is 10 mph or greater above the posted school zone speed limit
• Traffic accident violations and violations that may result in liability issues; and/or
• Intentional damage to property or injury to persons
The Traffic Safety Program Director has the right to deny entry to anyone based on past history or inability to meet program criteria.
Sign Up for the Program
If you would like to sign up for the Traffic Safety Program, report to the Kettering Municipal Court Probation Department between the hours of 8:30 am to 11:30 am or 1:30 pm to 4:15 pm, Monday through Friday, and DO SO ON OR BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED COURT DATE. The cost for the Traffic Safety Program is $175 for a single violation; additional violations are $50 each. The class must be paid for at the time of enrollment. In addition, there is a $24.95 fee for the class itself, which is offered only online.
Please be aware: failure to complete the online class by the deadline assigned will result in a guilty plea being accepted by the Court and the fee for the program will be applied to court costs and fines. In addition, a conviction record will be sent to the BMV and points will be assessed to your license. For questions about the program, please contact our Probation Department at 937-296-2533.